Mid Level - Administrative Assistant– Oahu, Kailua HI
Location: Oahu, Kailua HI
Employment Type: Full Time
Career Level: Mid-level
Travel Percentage: 5%
Last Updated: 2013-10-18
Why HIES Inc.
Intriguing work, in fascinating locations, internationally diverse peers and clients. Starting on your first day with HIES Inc. you'll be offered a comprehensive benefits package, which may include the following: sign on bonus, medical, dental, 401(k), vacation, PTO, training opportunities, equipment expenditure allowance and more.
There is nothing better than gaining professional development through work on a really intriguing and challenging project and, at HIES Inc, our projects are ever increasing, challenging and changing. We offer various personal development programs to support your career goals; participation in external learning, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, mentoring and other various resources.
What greater satisfaction can one have than knowing you have made a significant impact on the earth by using your talents.
No matter your career path, we regard continued learning and improvement as central to your success, and to the success of the company.
Become an integral part of a diverse project delivery team and contribute to the successful delivery of an important project. Our Administrative Assistant careers provide you with an opportunity to work on exciting projects. Each day you will be an important part of the team as you complete a variety of administrative tasks to support professionals specializing in environmental engineering, GIS and international project management. You should be able to think on your feet, work with minimal supervision and multi-task effectively; and have the initiative to take on new tasks and challenges. You should possess excellent skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as Contract Manager. Our work is frequently complex, proprietary, and requires strong administrative skills as well as excellent communication skills. You should be a self-motivated professional with five years of administrative support experience, and or have an Associates degree in Business, Accounting or Finance and a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new project.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Assist the Accountant, Project Manager and Project Administrator with administrative duties related to publishing reports such as end of month along with client communications.
- Assist with the management of documentation for the project including set up of project binders, forms, spreadsheets and files in hard-copy and electronic retention systems.
- Travel arraignments: flight, hotel and accommodations scheduling.
- Support project team with the timely retrieval of documents and support document retrieval and assembly requirements in connection with internal and other audits
- Prepare reports, presentations and correspondence, coordinate production, schedule and coordination of support services including graphics, editing and reproduction.
- Arrange meetings, prepare agendas, record minutes and maintain schedules.
- Detail-oriented, able to follow instructions communicate with staff and project manager to understand assignments or seek clarification if necessary.
- Have a strong desire to be team player and self starter that takes initiative, is adaptable, and has a support mentality.
- HIES Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years administrative experience in supporting construction related projects.
- Advanced administrative clerical skills including in depth knowledge and experience utilizing MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- A strong understanding of construction industry project delivery tools, procedures and practices.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills.
- Associate's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 5 years administrative experience in a consulting engineering or construction industry firm
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Degree Required or High School or GED with 5 years experience
Compensation: The salary range for this Entry to Mid-LEVEL position is based on a combination of education, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience. Please submit your salary requirements with this position.
If you are interested in joining the HIES team, please submit your curriculum vitae or resume and salary requirements to Careers@hiesinc.com. Please reference the position name, in the subject line of your e-mail, fax or letter. All inquiries and all resumes must be submitted to the specified email contact or they will not be reviewed. No phone calls and only qualified candidates shall receive a response
|HIES Inc. is committed to a policy of providing employment opportunities to all qualified people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and all interested and qualified people.